Beware the “carrot-and-stick” syndrome
As I’ve said elsewhere on this site (repeatedly!), it’s not so much WHAT you do that makes the real difference… it’s WHY and HOW you do it.
Your MOTIVES and METHODS.
Any time you come across a “red hot” opportunity to get rich quick, with no time, effort, discipline or genuine relationships involved, here’s another sure-fire way to tell if it’s a “Barker’s Egg.”
Watch out for the classic “carrot-and-stick” syndrome…
- The carrot (the appeal to your motives — WHY) is always GREED and LAZINESS.
- The stick (the method they use to get you to act fast, so you don't have time to think rationally or listen to your conscience — HOW they get get you to act without thinking) is always FEAR OF LOSS. In other words, if you don’t act immediately, you might miss out. (Yeah... right. Another “genuine ground floor opportunity”!)
Well... let’s look a little more closely at what’s really happening here.
Whenever you see this carrot-and-stick routine being used, you can be absolutely certain of three FACTS:
- The person dangling the carrot in one hand and waving the stick in the other is always looking for a free ride at someone else’s expense.
- This trick only ever works on one species of animal — donkeys!
- Any dumb ass who falls for this blatantly manipulative ploy gets what they deserve… a ‘sponsor’ who really, truly cares about them! (Yeah… right again. Just ask them! And if you believe that, I know someone who has some more rare Barker’s eggs they’ll sell you for your fast-growing collection.)
Secret New Web Technology Breakthrough Company goes MLM!
Check out this fantastic ground floor opportunity NOW —
Fully automated. No selling, no sponsoring, no meetings, no deliveries… but act fast – it’s filling NOW!
Back to the Bulletin Board
©1998 The Profit Clinic. All rights reserved. This page updated 2 July 2008